Thursday, July 3, 2008

New York Yankees + Air Force 1s =...



... Go back to the drawing board.

Just caught wind of these over at Niketalk and to say I'm not impressed would be an understatement.

You mean to tell me you have the greatest sports franchise and the most illustrious Nike model on the planet collaborating and this is what you come up with? Aside from the gum sole, I don't think there are any other redeeming qualities.

Word is the sneaker will be released on July 4th in celebration of the All Star Game being played at the Stadium in its final year. Aside from the pinstripes- if you even want to call them that- there are no other references to the Yanks. And what the fuck is that web stitch on the mid panel? Is that supposed to be the netting behind homeplate? At least do the Nike on the back in a similar Yankee font, or put a jersey material swoosh or tongue. There are so many ideas and options that could have been implemented. I understand that there are licensing issues and things of that nature in play, but Nike should be able to call in a favor or 2 and make these official.

Enough complaining. Now just tell me where I can cop the fucking things.



No comments: