Monday, June 23, 2008

H is for Hope.




I was told that Cap City sold out of the Hickory Crawdads in a 7 5/8. I accepted that verdict initially but it didn't sit well with me. How could I miss out on this. This shit is me. If that H isn't for Howfresh, I don't know what is. I called on Saturday and there was 1 available. With 45 minutes to make it out to West New York, NJ, I speeded up the FDR to hit the GW and made it there at 7:31. Doors were still open so I slid in and did what had to be done. Seriously, I need to have more conviction next time.



Keeping with a Monday morning H theme, Heltah Skeltah's taller member just dropped a mix-cd "Shell Shock" that is definitely worth a listen. He can spit plus the dude's got a sense of humor- a hip hip rarity. Rock spits over a bunch of well known beats- "Simon Says", "I Get Money", but brings his own flavor to the mix. Too many guest appearances from unknown cats however. Many thanks to Jim Kahn via Eskay from Nahright for this one.

Rock of Heltah Skeltah- Shell Shock

1 comment:

thekid10705 said...

You're H fitted game is something serious!!!Good lookin' out at he show the other night...Did we look like an offensevie line on stage?...peace Buckshot!!!