Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A New Throwback to Add to the Collection.



As if I didn't have enough throwback jerseys, fitteds, and kicks. Time to make some space and welcome these badboys into the crib. Need to clean that fridge and empty the cupboards. I am definitely going in. I should mention that Mountain Dew might be one of the greatest liquids on the planet. Diabetes sweet neon green soda can't be topped. Miss those days of unlimited pop at Taco Bell. TB, you might see me again.

Throwback Pepsi and Mountain Dew are set to drop on or about April 20th and should be on shelves for approximately 8 weeks. Aside from the retro logo, Pepsi is also going way back in terms of ingredients. That means REAL SUGAR. None of that diabolic High Fructose Corn Syrup. (One would think with my love for all things H, I'd mess with the HFCG. But even Howfresh has his limits.) I can finally drink soda again. My self-mandated HFCS soda boycott will be temporarily lifted as long as these are available. Unbeknownst to me, Mexican sodas contain real sugar. Time to hit some Mexican markets.



Unfortunately the logos seen at the top will not be used, rather using other "retro"-esque logos. Certain soda enthusiasts/purists might be appalled by this but it's cool with me. I just care about sugar in my drank. I know you're wondering what kind of sugar will be used. Per an article I read (link at bottom of page) there will be a mix of cane sugar and beet sugar. Ideally we would have organic cane sugar from co-op farmers in the hills of DR, but beggars can't be choosers.

If they really wanted the retro feel these would be available in glass, but it appears only 20 oz. plastic bottles and 12 oz. cans will house this wonderful beverage. As of now this seems like an 8 week stint, but if sales and interest are through the roof, this campaign might be extended. It's time we take a stand and demand C12H22O11 back in our lives.

Obama in the office, A-Rod is hurt, and sugar is back in our sodas. What a fucking country!!!!!

Props to BevReview.com for the news. Click HERE to read more.

No comments: