Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baseball = Spring = Hope.


This is the best time of the year. The days are longer, the nice weather is upon us and baseball is here. Giving further credence as to why baseball is the greatest sport. It ushers in the spring, hope. A new beginning. Layers get shed- Central Park is popping- and what bothered us just a month ago doesn't seem to carry the same weight.

The Braves beat the world champion Phillies 4-1 tonight and the 2009 season is under way. Lowe pitched a gem. I still don't love him in fantasy, but he looked great. Smack my bitch up Brett got a taste of his own medicine in that first inning. I rooted for the Phils last year but I think the NL fan in me will be tomahawk chopping this year. Chipper Jones, the Benjamin Button of baseball, cannot be stopped. Why can't the Yanks have a 3rd baseman like him? Mr. Wren, I'd gladly trade you ours.

Tonight was just a teaser as tomorrow really fulfills our baseball craving with 12 games. Mets vs. Reds at 1:10 pm with games all day and closing out with the 9:05 pm A's vs. Angels game. 5 of them are on ESPN or ESPN2. Unfortunately I have jury duty so I won't be able to participate in the festivities. If baseball was truly America's pastime shouldn't opening day be a holiday??????

What better way to keep the party going than with some relatively new beats that continue the good mood. Not the typical shit that I post, but these joints definitely have that good vibe with the sun out drinking a beer in the park steez. Maybe not the Asher Roth joint, but that beat is dope, and I don't want to be a hater. 2 of these are produced by 9th Wonder- he knows how to make that feel good shit. Of course I had to throw Cam in there on his Euro pop dance shit. Went left a bit with that Nickel Eye "Brandy of the Damned" remix but a little birdy put me on to it and it gets my inner jammer jamming. The horns are ill. Peep the Big Pooh and General Steele joints. Jada and Mary make me blog even harder. Pause?

Jadakiss ft. Mary J. Blige- Grind Hard


Rapper Big Pooh- Rear View Mirror prod. by 9th Wonder (snippet)



Cesar Comanche- Hands High prod. by 9th Wonder


Nickel Eye ft. Wale- Brandy of the Damned remix



Cam'ron- Spend the Night


General Steele ft. Buckshot and Jo Chris- A Toast to Brooklyn



Asher Roth- Lark on My Go Cart

1 comment:

buckemdown said...

Fart on my Go Cart.